The Best Cheap Projector
- Our pick. BenQ HT2050A. The best projector under $1,000.
- Runner-up. Epson Home Cinema 2100. An LCD projector for bright rooms.
- Budget pick. BenQ MH535FHD. A solid choice under $600.
- Also great. BenQ HT2150ST. A short-throw projector for small rooms.
Featured Home Projector Reviews:
- Epson Home Cinema 2040 3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Review.
- Epson PowerLite 1781W Wireless WXGA 3LCD Projector Review.
- LG Minibeam LED Projector (PH550) Review.
- NEC Display Solutions NP-ME401W Review.
- AAXA P2-A Smart Pico Projector Review.
- BenQ i500 Review.
- Philips Pocket Projector PPX4010 Review.
The best cheap projector deals and sales for April 2018
- BenQ TH670. This is the best cheap projector we could find. $569.98.
- Optoma HD142X. Optoma’s HD142X from 2016 is a solid runner-up. $449.99.
- BenQ W1070. Another BenQ projector? You better believe it.
- Acer H5380BD. In last place is Acer’s entry-level H5380BD.
- Optoma UHD60 4K Projector. Rewriting the 4K HDR projector rule book.
The 7 Best Gaming Projectors to Buy in 2018
- Best Overall: Optoma GT1080Darbee Short Throw Gaming Projector.
- Runner-Up, Best Overall: BenQ HT2150ST.
- Best Budget: EUG Wireless Projector.
- Best Color Contrast: Epson Home Cinema 2040 3LCD Home Theater Projector.
- Best Ultra Short Throw: LG Electronics PF1000UW Ultra Short Throw Projector.
- Best 4K: Epson Home Cinema 5040UBe.
The 10 best business projectors of 2018
- ViewSonic PA503S.
- Optoma ML750e.
- Epson EB-S41. Small projector, large projection.
- LG Minibeam PH550G. Compact and wireless.
- Epson EB-X11. A good value LCD projector.
- Asus ZenBeam E1. Pocket projection.
- ViewSonic PLED-W800. A very portable DLP LED projector.
- Epson BrightLink 685Wi. Amazing interactive presentations.
The best projectors you can buy
- BenQ W2000: The best all-round projector under £1,000.
- ViewSonic PJD7720HD: The best projector under £500.
- Optoma GT1080Darbee: Our new favourite gaming projector.
- BenQ W1210ST: A great gaming and movie projector.
- Philips Screeneo 2.0: The best ultra short-throw projector under £2,000.
So which one is the best?
- Best overall pick: Optoma HD142X ($550) Sarah Tew/CNET. In terms of bang for the buck, the best of the bunch was the Optoma HD142X.
- Best picture I tested: BenQ HT2050 ($800) Sarah Tew/CNET.
- Cheapest decent picture: Epson Home Cinema 640 ($350) Sarah Tew/CNET.
Which is best projector for home use?
Philips Pocket Projector PPX4010
|Product||Epson Home Cinema 2040 3D 1080p 3LCD Projecto||LG Minibeam LED Projector (PH550)|
|Best For||3D Movie Enthusiasts||Video and TV Watching|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080||1280 x 720|
|Rated Contrast Ratio||35,000:1||100000:1|
8 more rows
How much should I spend on a projector?
Cost. You could pick up a good quality, portable business projector for presentations, for as little as $300, but you should expect to pay a bit more if you want a decent range of features and quality. For home entertainment you should be ready to spend between $800 and $3,000 for a good projector.
What is the cheapest 4k projector?
Top 10 inexpensive 4K projectors
- Sony VPLVW285ES – Best Native 4K Projector for Gaming.
- Epson Home Cinema 4000 – Best 4K short throw projector.
- JVC DLA-X700R – Best Affordable Projector with 4K.
- Sony VPLVW665ES – Best 3D 4K Projector at an Affordable Tag.
- Zenbility V8Plus 4K 3D Portable – Highly Rated 4K HDR Projector.
Which brand of projector is the best?
The best projectors 2019 overview:
- BenQ HT3550 (2019)
- BenQ HT2550 (2018)
- BenQ TK800 (2018)
- JVC DLA-X5900 (UK-only, 2018)
- Optoma UHD51A (2018)
- Epson Home Cinema 4010 (2018)
- Optoma UHD65 (2017)
- LG PH450UG Minibeam Projector (2017)
Is a Projector better than TV?
TVs vs. Projectors: Cost
TV projectors are much more cost-effective, at least in terms of screen size for your dollar. You can get a decent HD projector and 100-inch screen for under $1,000, whereas an 80-inch TV is going to cost you at least $1,500, if not much more.
How much does a decent projector cost?
$1000 or less: Even under $1000, there are some truly amazing home theater projectors available. The least expensive ones are the 1280×720 models (also known as 720p). They display DVD and Blu-Ray extremely well, and some cost as little as $700.